Beehive is a Certified B Corporation committed to business as a force for good.
Social Impact Commitment
Beehive is a Certified B Corporation committed to business as a force for good. Our purpose and values guide what we stand for — and who and what we stand up for — in our communities and in the world. We are committed to continually listening, learning and taking action.
What we stand for
- Diversity and inclusion in all businesses
- Anti-racism and anti-oppression
- Equal civil rights
- Equal pay
- Voting rights
What we stand up for
- Implementing training, mentoring and hiring initiatives to improve diversity in businesses and in our industry
- Empowering women and Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) to advance and lead in business
- Dismantling racist systems, policies, practices and ideologies within ourselves and our networks
- An engaged business community that advocates for inclusive voting rights for all and fair, accessible and secure elections
- Safe, diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist business cultures
- Justice and equity in our communities
Who we stand up for
- All women
- Black, indigenous and people of color
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people
Putting it into action
Inclusive & Equitable Policies
Living our purpose and activating our social impact commitment means incorporating them into our organizational structure and policies. We have many policies already in place and will be working with an outside consultant to ensure they contribute to an organizational environment that is safe, equitable and inclusive to a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
Training & Education
Beehive is exploring how are we educate ourselves about structural racism and other social justice and equity issues. We are participating in training and other education to ensure we understand our own biases and privileges.
Recruiting & Retention
Evaluating how we can we do better. Working toward a specific, measurable and public commitment to improve BIPOC representation at all levels of agency staffing, including becoming a member of the Diversity Action Alliance. Working with college students through PRSSA and The Brand Lab to get more professionals of color in the PR industry. Evaluating how effective our internship program is at recruiting students of color and implementing change. Doing salary benchmarking and committing to salary transparency going forward.
Examining with an outside consultant if Beehive’s existing culture is capable of being inclusive to all people. Being open to implementing any changes needed to ensure our culture is more equitable and inclusive to a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
Community & Industry Involvement, Activism & Leadership
We are determining how Beehive can most effectively impact positive social change in our community and our industry though: volunteering, financial support, mentoring, pro bono services, social justice and activism.
Client, Partner & Supplier Relationships
Beehive is examining what we can do to better communicate our purpose, values and social impact commitment to clients, partners and suppliers. We are evaluating what guidelines we need to ensure our clients’ and partners’ policies and practices are equitable and inclusive.
Commitment to Web Accessibility
Web accessibility is a social responsibility. Beehive is using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 to guide us in making web content more accessible for people with disabilities and more user-friendly for everyone.