Beehive is a Certified B Corporation. We believe businesses must be a force for good and have the power to drive meaningful social change. Beehive has been certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) since 2008. WBENC is the largest third-party certifier of businesses owned, controlled and operated by women in the United States.
Living our commitment to equity and promoting an environment for small and diverse businesses to thrive is important to us. We believe that by including these businesses among their suppliers, companies and government agencies demonstrate their commitment to fostering diversity, empowering new leaders and growing a more diverse, balanced and sustainable economy. Companies that commit to supplier diversity programs can reduce costs, improve innovation, become more socially conscious and achieve better outcomes.
Beehive Strategic Communication values diversity, equity and inclusion.
We know diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to strong partnerships and better outcomes. And we know that small and diverse businesses drive our economy. Living our commitment to equity and promoting an environment for small and diverse businesses to thrive is important to us. Beehive is activating our value of equity by ensuring an inclusive procurement process that provides the maximum opportunity for small and diverse businesses to participate.
Beehive – as a small, women-owned business and diverse supplier ourselves – activates our value of equity through a procurement process that provides opportunities for small and diverse businesses to participate. We are interested in doing business with organizations that fall into one or more of the following diversity categories:
- Minority-owned Business Enterprises (MBE)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender-owned Business Enterprises (LGBTBE)
- Woman-owned Business Enterprises (WBE)
- Women-owned Small Business (WOSB)
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- HUBZone Small Business Concern (HUB Zone)
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB)
- Veteran-owned Businesses (VBE)
- Service-disabled Veteran-owned Businesses (SDVBE)
- Disability-owned Business Enterprises (DOBE)
These businesses must be at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by persons who fit into one of these categories. Owners must be willing to provide proof of certification or sign a self-classification affidavit.
Beehive's Supplier Diversity efforts include:
- Adding our Supplier Diversity policy statement to the Company website
- Actively searching for certified diverse suppliers that can provide competitive, high-quality goods and services
- Identifying services/products that are well represented by small and diverse businesses and proactively reaching out to qualified vendors when sourcing opportunities are available
- Involving advocacy agencies that support the growth, development, and certification of diverse companies, in our supplier selection process including:
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- US Business Leadership Network (USBLN)
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)