U.S. employees are quitting their jobs at record rates, creating a fiercely competitive talent market. Today’s top talent has high expectations and seeks purpose and meaning from their work. They want to be part of strong organizational cultures that trust, respect and appreciate them. They expect employers to prioritize well-being and inclusivity, offer flexible work arrangements, support professional development and engage them through transparent communication. These expectations guide the steps an organization can take to improve its culture.
Beehive’s ability to succeed long-term depends on creating and evolving a company culture that attracts and retains the highest quality, values-aligned talent.
- Aligned organizational culture to purpose and values by grounding it in well-being, flexibility, social impact, professional development, trust and appreciation
- Earned Certified B Corporation to demonstrate a genuine commitment to making a positive impact for its people and culture, clients, partners and community; implemented social impact commitment and action plan, including quarterly DEI initiatives
- Implemented year-round BeWell Wellness Program to provide employees with resources to support physical, emotional and mental health and well-being, including a generous annual wellness allowance
- Adopted work-from-anywhere and flexible work arrangements, technology to keep remote employees connected and flexible PTO policies
- Launched a professional development program that includes a continued learning budget, regular mentoring sessions and clear career advancement paths
- Created an appreciation initiative where employees are consistently recognized by peers through awards, prizes, gifts and publicly shared acknowledgments
- Regularly engaged employees in transparent, two-way communication and developed internal communication strategies to activate all new policies, offerings and programs
- Retained workforce throughout the COVID-19 pandemic: 100% two-year average voluntary employee retention rate (2020-2021)
- Highly engaged employees with a strong sense of well-being: 97% two-year average employee engagement score and 98% well-being score (2020-2021)
- Strongly recommended as a place to work: +100 employee Net Promoter Score® (eNPS) and 2 Best Places to Work awards (2020-2021)
- Satisfied clients that strongly recommend Beehive: 96% client satisfaction score, +95 Net Promoter Score (NPS) and two-year client retention rate of 92% (2021)
“Our team and the experience they create for our clients is what drives Beehive’s growth and differentiates our brand. Our people-centered culture is critical to attracting and retaining talent and sustaining the engagement and energy required to build better businesses for a better world. Beehive’s success with our own people and culture inspires our work with clients to transform organizational cultures through the power of strategic communication.”
—Rebecca Martin, SVP, Culture & Talent at Beehive Strategic Communication