Why Workplace Culture and Employee Experience?
Today’s employees expect more — more development opportunities, more coaching, more collaboration, more authenticity and transparency, more flexibility and a more profound sense of purpose and meaning.
Organizations that embrace this shift to create highly engaged teams are 21% more profitable and see 59% less turnover.
How We Do It
We help clients create a differentiated employee experience and nurture positive workplace cultures.
- Culture assessments
- Employee engagement strategy
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace wellness initiatives
- Employee events
- Executive leadership coaching
- Corporate communication strategy
- Internal communication planning
- Internal brand identity system development
- Content strategy
- Content development
- Communication channel strategy
- Employer brand development
- Diversity and inclusion strategy
- Multichannel strategy & planning
- Flow chart, org chart and infographic design
- UX/UI planning & implementation
What you get
- Stronger talent recruitment and retention
- An engaged and motivated workforce
- Fully activated leadership
- Better business results
It is more critical than ever for organizations to engage employees in new ways through compelling, authentic workplace cultures.
What engaged and retained employees in the past doesn’t resonate with the current workforce. Today’s employees expect more – more development opportunities, more coaching, more collaboration, more authenticity and transparency, more flexibility, a more profound sense of purpose and meaning.
Employees’ rising expectations start in their personal lives and transcend their professional lives. Organizations that embrace this shift and actively engage employees in nurturing workplace culture are most successful at creating a “human experience” instead of an employee experience.
When experience is bottom up and personal, it becomes focused on “human experience.”
Source: Deloitte Insights deloitte.com/insights
Beehive has done a tremendous job and exceeded expectations for internal communications, filling the void in an area where many others have tried and failed. The work this team has done has been consistently excellent, appreciated and noticed.
—Jeni Skar, Former Chief of Staff, University of Minnesota, Health