Beehive Strategic Communication values diversity, equity and inclusion.
We know diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to strong partnerships and better outcomes. And we know that small and diverse businesses drive our economy. Living our commitment to equity and promoting an environment for small and diverse businesses to thrive is important to us. Beehive is activating our value of equity by ensuring an inclusive procurement process that provides the maximum opportunity for small and diverse businesses to participate.
In addition to small businesses, we are interested in engaging with businesses that fall into one or more of the following diversity categories:
- Minority-owned Business Enterprises (MBE)
- Woman-owned Business Enterprises (WBE)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender-owned Business Enterprises (LGBTBE)
- Disability-owned Business Enterprises (DOBE)
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB)
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB Zone)
- Veteran-owned Businesses (VBE)
- Service-disabled Veteran-owned Businesses (SDVBE)
These businesses must be at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by persons who fit into one of these categories. MBE, WBE, LGBTBE and SDVOB businesses must be certified as such by an independent certification agency. Owners of businesses that fall into the other categories must be willing to sign a self-classification affidavit.
Beehive's Supplier Diversity efforts include:
- Adding our Supplier Diversity policy statement to the Company website
- Actively searching for certified diverse suppliers that can provide competitive, high-quality goods and services
- Identifying services/products that are well represented by small and diverse businesses and proactively reaching out to qualified vendors when sourcing opportunities are available
- Involving advocacy agencies that support the growth, development, and certification of diverse companies, in our supplier selection process including:
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- US Business Leadership Network (USBLN)
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)