September 30 is International Podcast Day, so it’s the perfect time to revisit our favorite podcasts. February’s list focused on podcasts for fun and personal development. This time we’re focusing on podcasts to support professional development. Without further ado, here are our top 5 podcasts for communication professionals.
- Inside PR: Inside PR is hosted by three PR executives from Chicago, Ottawa and Toronto. As Midwesterners, we love the representation from the flyover states and our neighbors to the north. This weekly podcast covers trends and news in PR, social media, marketing and more.
- PR Week: This podcast is hosted by PR Week’s Editorial Director Steve Barrett who invites a different PR executive guest each week to discuss what’s new in the world of PR. Steve Barrett is a Brit, so his accent makes it that much more fun to listen to!
- Sophisticated Marketer’s Podcast: Jason Miller, Sr. Content Marketing Manager at LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, hosts a bi-weekly podcast with marketing gurus from across the globe for conversations and insights on practical strategies for successful marketing.
- Marketing Over Coffee: Hosted by John Wall and Christopher Penn, each 20-minute episode of Marketing Over Coffee provides tips and tricks for effective marketing. A great podcast to listen to on your commute or as you’re getting ready in the morning.
- PR Council SHEquality Podcast: The PR Council SHEquality initiative was created to help women executives rise in the ranks of public relations agencies. Their podcast of the same name drops every Wednesday and is hosted by Lee Caraher, CEO of national PR & Digital Communications firm Double Forte and serves on the PR Council’s Board of Directors. Caraher’s guests include executives from agencies across the country, and last month she featured our own Lisa Hannum.
Bonus podcast: Serial (the podcast that blew the podcast world wide open) has dropped the first few episodes of season three, meaning your Thursday mornings are about to be worth getting up early for. In this season host Sarah Koenig spends a year inside an ordinary courthouse in Cleveland, Ohio. We have a feeling you won’t want to miss an episode.