We’re a month into the new year. Have your New Year’s Resolutions already come and gone? At Beehive we’re always setting goals to help us grow our skills and become better partners for our clients. One of the most important aspects of successful goal-setting is to make sure goals are attainable – and nothing makes goals more attainable than a two-fer (a two-for-one). That’s why we love podcasts – we can stretch our minds while keeping up with our busy lives. Want to exercise more? Pop in your headphones and listen to a podcast on your walk. Trying to eat out less? Ask Alexa to play a podcast while you cook dinner. Need relaxation in your life? Listen to a podcast while imagining lying on the beach.
So, don’t give up on those resolutions yet. Here are five podcasts we’ve been talking about at Beehive lately.
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations We all know Oprah is all about #goals. If you haven’t seen or heard her Super Soul Conversations, you must check out her inspiring conversations with inspired friends, like Maya Angelou, Deepak Chopra and Cheryl Strayed. We recommend starting with: Gretchen Rubin: 8 Rules to Happiness.
- Digiday Podcasts can help you stay informed about trends in your industry and learn from influencers on what has helped them become successful. Digiday is a media organization that shares insights about the marketing industry, especially new trends in digital. We recommend starting with: Hearst’s Kate Lewis: One-third of Hearst’s magazine content is video.
- Good Life Project An important part of being your best self at work is being your best self in life. Good Life Project explores what you can do to make a good life and balances science and expert guests that can help you can turn ideas into action. We recommend starting with: Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche: The Lost Art of Good Conversation.
- Something You Should Know Mike Carruthers started Something You Should Know as a radio show 20 years ago and has now transitioned it into a podcast. Each episode highlights information and advice on a few topics such as relationships and finance. We recommend starting with: Best of Something You Should Know 2017 – Vol 1.
- Dirty John We have guilty pleasures too, and Dirty John is certainly one of them! True crime is a popular podcast genre that provide some of the most binge-worthy stories. Make sure you have a few hours of free time and start with episode one so you don’t miss a single detail: The Real Thing.
Now that we’ve shared our favorite podcast, tell us yours!