Branding is always a hot topic for marketers, but it is rarely more visible to the masses than during the Super Bowl. Unless the big game is immediately followed by the winter Olympics. Here is a quick look at some branding-related blocking and tackling, as well as a few medal-worthy brand performances.
- Hey, Super Bowl Sponsors: Your Ads are Already Forgotten –Millions of dollars for thirty seconds to reach millions of viewers. Is it worth it? Bloomberg Businessweek surveyed 504 people and the results are surprising.
- 5 Brands that are Winning the Olympics – Athletes aren’t the only ones competing at the Olympic Games. Brands are also competing for attention. Time Magazine profiles five brands winning “gold.”
- Where Marketing Ends, Branding Begins – Branding isn’t the same as marketing, but it is at the core of your marketing strategy. Here are some common misconceptions and advice to brand the right way.
- Under Armour Stumbles in Olympic Sponsorship – Branding and sponsorships do not always pay off in the way you’d expect. Under Armour entered the games with high expectations and now have to go on the defense, underscoring the risk advertisers take with sponsorships.
- Measurable Goals for Brand Awareness –Measurement techniques and goals to measure the effectiveness of your branding.