Beehive Strategic Communication is seeking a part-time bookkeeper to join our team. Beehive is an independent, strategic communication firm, Certified B Corporation and WBENC certified women-owned business. Beehive’s purpose and values guide what we stand for – and who and what we stand up for – in our communities and in the world.
The part-time bookkeeper will support the CFO in maintaining and recording a complete set of business transactions for the agency. The ideal candidate has a proven aptitude working with numbers and some basic accounting knowledge. The candidate is process-oriented with organizations skills, attention to detail and experience working in QuickBooks, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office. Beehive will provide paid, on-the-job training.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Client billing
- Record debits and credits
- Update and maintain the general ledger
- Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system
- Data entry
Key Skills & Abilities:
- High level of responsibility, trustworthiness, integrity and follow-through
- Organized, process-oriented and strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest and aptitude to learn proprietary billing software
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful and deadline-driven
- Computer experience, including scanning documents, using Adobe Acrobat to create PDFs, working in Microsoft Office for email, Word documents and Xcel spreadsheets
- Quick Books experience
- High school degree minimum
- Must be available to work during standard business hours for training during first month
- 40 hours/mo. for the first 3 month and approx. 26 hours/mo. after that
- Start date in late December 2022 or early January 2023
- Flexible training dates
- Flexible work schedule/hours following completion of training
- Work from anywhere, with option to work in Beehive’s St. Paul office
- Dell laptop, docking station, second monitor, printer and scanner provided
- Compensation: Starting at $20/hour; not eligible for benefits
Email resume to Rebecca Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 4.
Beehive is a Certified B Corporation committed to business as a force for good. Our purpose and values guide what we stand for – and who and what we stand up for – in our communities and in the world. We value equity and promise you a safe, anti-racist, anti-discriminatory organization and culture. Your application will never be judged based on your religious belief, age, color, race, creed, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ethnic origin, family status or disability.